Branding And Style
One of the most important things to keep in mind is to be consistent in creating designs that make sense for your brand and that will resonate with your audience. It’s all about making your brand relevant for the people that really matter to your business.
> Take the time to choose a style that represents your brand
Illustration, doodles, text-based tees? You name it! There are tons of different styles you can use for your t-shirt designs. Make sure you settle for one that will represent your brand, this way you can be consistent and build some brand recognition.
> Define who your audience is
Whether your designs are meant for moms, teachers, teens, golfers or any other niche, it’s very important that you define who you are targetting in order to maintain uniformity in the style you use for the designs and also for the tone and narrative you will be using for your marketing campaign later along the road.
Building a persona of who your target customer is always helps when trying to narrow down your audience.
> Select a batch of designs you will use
Choosing the right designs for the t-shirts you will be selling online is key for the success of your t-shirt brand. You have different options for coming up with t-shirt designs:
- Make them yourself! Use Placeit’s t-shirt templates to create unique tshirt designs in seconds and without any design experience.
- Use Spreadshirt’s creating tool
- Purchase the extended license of other’s designs. Get started here .
- Hire a freelance designer to create them for you. There are tons of creators around the globe at places like Fiverr. Here’s a quick guide on how to find a designer on Fiverr .
Setting Up Your Spreadshirt Shop
Dressing up your store is another big step of the process; though it’s fairly simple to do, people often disregard these quick details that help a lot for brand recognition.
> Add your logo and a header that represents your brand
Don’t have a logo yet? Make your own using Placeit’s logo maker . It’s as easy as it gets and you get to skip Photoshop, Illustrator and hiring a designer.
> Pick a color template that matches your brand
> Fill out the Shop Info tab with your brand’s name and description
> Select the garments and items available for each design
> Determine your markup – this will be your profit
> Optimize each design’s visibility
- Add a name. Keep it short and descriptive of the design.
- Add a description. What is this? Who would like this?
- Add tags. Super important so users can find your designs in the Spreadshirt marketplace.
Target and Promote Your Spreadshirt Shop
> Share pictures of your products in real life
- Ask your clients to post photos of their purchases. Bonus! This is a great way to create social media engagement!
- Arrange a DIY photoshoot
- Use mockups and video templates. When it comes to t-shirt marketing, Placeit’s apparel mockups and videos are will make your life easier!
Get The Most Out Of Social Media!
Ready for turning your t-shirt hobby into a steady passive income? Start monetizing your t-shirt designs by using social media to its full potential.
> Start by creating Facebook and Instagram pages
- Add updated logo and contact info
- Optimize each design’s visibility
> Create audiences through Facebook’s Advert Manager
> Make a Pinterest board exclusively for your designs
- Share every single design
- Add URL to the item on your Spreadshirt Shop
> Join forums and Facebook groups related to selling t-shirts online
> Post your new designs and available products on all your channels
> Engage with your audience, listen to what your consumers have to say about your product
> Schedule your posts via Buffer or Hootsuite for better results
- No need to be a designer to make money selling t-shirts on Spreadshirt, just be consistent and mind the details.
- If done properly, maintaining and promoting your shop shouldn’t take much time.
- Find tools that make your tasks simpler and give you back some time, then spend it creating!
- Become an active member of the community, it pays off.
Alec Johnson 5 /5