How to Make Money With Spreadshirt
Whether you are starting a new t-shirt business or you want to revamp your shop to start selling more and monetize through your designs, you’ll want to follow this quick checklist and start making the most out of your Spreadshirt Shop to increase your earnings!
Branding And Style
One of the most important things to keep in mind is to be consistent in creating designs that make sense for your brand and that will resonate with your audience. It’s all about making your brand relevant for the people that really matter to your business. Maintain style and theme uniformity in your shop, this will give a personality to your brand, making it easier for clients to identify what you offer.
Take the Time to Choose a Style That Represents Your Brand
Illustration, doodles, text-based tees? You name it! There are tons of different styles you can use for your t-shirt designs. Make sure you settle for one that will represent your brand, this way you can be consistent and build some brand recognition.
Define Who Your Audience Is
Building a persona of who your target customer is always helps when trying to narrow down your audience.
Select Which Designs You Will Use
- Make them yourself! Use Placeit’s t-shirt templates to create unique tshirt designs in seconds and without any design experience.
- Use Spreadshirt’s creating tool
- Purchase the extended license of other’s designs. Get started here.
- Hire a freelance designer to create them for you. There are tons of creators around the globe at places like Fiverr. Here’s a quick guide on how to find a designer on Fiverr.
Setting Up Your Spreadshirt Shop
Dressing up your store is another big step of the process; though it’s fairly simple to do, people often disregard these quick details that help a lot for brand recognition.
Brand Your Shop
Don’t have a logo yet? Make your own using Placeit’s logo maker. It’s as easy as it gets and you get to skip Photoshop, Illustrator and hiring a designer.
Pick a color template that matches your brand
Shop Name and Keywords
Fill out the Shop Info tab with your brand’s name and description.
Make your designs easy to find online and in the marketplace by using the right keywords. Always think from your customer’s perspective.
Designs and Markup
Select the garments and items available for each design
Determine your markup
Optimize each design’s visibility
- Add a name. Keep it short and descriptive of the design.
- Add a description. What is this? Who would like this?
- Add tags. Super important so users can find your designs in the Spreadshirt marketplace.
Target and Promote Your Spreadshirt Shop
Share Pictures of Your Products in Real Life
- Ask your clients to post photos of their purchases. Bonus! This is a great way to create social media engagement!
- Arrange a DIY photoshoot
- Use mockups and video templates. When it comes to t-shirt marketing, Placeit’s apparel mockups and videos are will make your life easier!
Use T-Shirt Mockup Videos
Get The Most Out Of Social Media!
Ready for turning your t-shirt hobby into a steady passive income? Start monetizing your t-shirt designs by using social media to its full potential.
Start by Creating Facebook and Instagram Pages
- Keep your profile updated with a logo and contact info.
- Optimize each design’s visibility (mockups are great for this!).
- Share user-generated content.
Create Audiences Through Facebook’s Ad Manager
Facebook ads are a great way to target people directly depending on their interests, location or demographic. Learn more about how to make Facebook ads that actually work to get you more sales. Pro tip: You can also do the same for Instagram Ads!
Make a Pinterest Board Exclusively for Your Designs
Pinterest is a social network that will always increase your reach. For Pinterest we recommend creating and sharing every one of your designs as well as adding each item’s URL. This will increase traffic to your shop as well as conversions.
- Join forums and Facebook groups related to selling t-shirts online.
- Post your new designs and available products on all your channels
- Engage with your audience, listen to what your consumers have to say about your product
- Schedule your posts via Buffer or Hootsuite for better results
Some Final Thoughts
You don’t need to be a designer to make money selling t-shirts on Spreadshirt, you just need to be consistent and mind the details. Also, promoting your shop shouldn’t take much time and with tools like Placeit’s social media images and ad banners it can take way less. Remember that becoming an active member of the community will always pay off!
“I needed to design a t-shirt for my shop and with Placeit’s design templates it took seconds!”
Alec Johnson 5/5